Give your home a whole new style with pillows. We tell you how to combine colors and patterns skillfully. Whether in the living room, the bedroom, or the children’s room. With these tips, decorating will work.
The most important thing at a glance:
- Pillows are an easy tool to transform your home.
- Patterns, materials, and colors can be arranged according to preferences.
- Stick to one color family when putting them together. Solid furniture such as sofas, armchairs, or beds will set the basic tone that the pillows will follow.
- Cushions should be chosen for their appearance and function: soft fabrics invite you to cuddle as sofa cushions and firmer fabrics are more suitable for decoration.
Pillows in the living area
With a seemingly endless selection of sizes, colors, patterns, shapes, and textures, you can easily add stylish touches with pillows and decorative cushions. The quick-change artists help you to redesign your living area straightforwardly. They make the room cozy and provide a fresh breeze with a new style – without much effort. For example, depending on the season, you can change the pillows in your home. Floral prints in spring, pastel shades in summer, linen and jute in autumn, and dark earth and berry tones suit in winter.
So essential to choose the right pillows
Do you want to remodel your apartment? Then it doesn’t have to be new furniture or a different wall color. Usually, it is enough to change a few small details. Pillows and decorative cushions are a great choice here. They transform your living room into a cozy lounge and the bedroom into an exquisite chamber and invite you to a pillow fight in the children’s room.
Five basic rules for pillows as accessories
If you follow these simple rules, you will become a styling pro. These instructions will work in the bedroom and guest room, as well as in the living room and children’s room.
- Get involved in experiments – this will bring fresh air to your four walls.
- Create a harmonious overall picture with the help of different colors and textures.
- First, decide on a theme, such as a color family, where you want to stay.
- Use patterns and motifs rather restrained.
- Reach for pillows with different sizes and thicknesses. In this way, you create different layers, so-called layers, which you stack over and in front of each other.